Author Topic: Troubleshooting 101 - iCam & iCamSource Error Messages  (Read 223359 times)

inspiribomb

• View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 101 - iCam & iCamSource Error Messages
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2012, 07:19:49 AM »
I am having trouble setting up this port forwarding stuff.  Maybe I just don't understand how to do it.  I get confused at the port forward website when it starts asking for internal IP addresses and whatnot.  Where do I change all these settings?

What error message are you seeing when you are unable to connect: No Sources Found, Broker Connection Error, or Source Connection Error? Are you having problems connecting when your phone is connected via 3G, WiFi, or both?

For more information about iCam error messages and possible fixes, please go here: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php

I get the "Source Connection Error" when trying to connect via 3G.  When I try to use the "auto config router," I get that error with both 3G and internal wi-fi.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2012, 01:01:37 PM »
I am having trouble setting up this port forwarding stuff.  Maybe I just don't understand how to do it.  I get confused at the port forward website when it starts asking for internal IP addresses and whatnot.  Where do I change all these settings?

What error message are you seeing when you are unable to connect: No Sources Found, Broker Connection Error, or Source Connection Error? Are you having problems connecting when your phone is connected via 3G, WiFi, or both?

For more information about iCam error messages and possible fixes, please go here: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php

Please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

I get the "Source Connection Error" when trying to connect via 3G.  When I try to use the "auto config router," I get that error with both 3G and internal wi-fi.

inspiribomb

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2012, 01:04:07 PM »

Please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

Ah, I see that I didn't actually answer the question.

UPnP Success 12000 -> 12000

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2012, 09:45:44 PM »

The UPnP success message indicates that the port has been opened successfully in the router. The port might be blocked by another router on the network. Are there any other routers on the network? What are the Brand/Model of all routers on the network? What is the Brand/Model of your cable/DSL modem? Some modems have an integrated router that could cause this problem.

It's also possible that the router is in a bad state. You can check that by rebooting the router. To do that, unplug the router's power cable for about ten seconds, then plug the power cable back in. Once the router has rebooted, try running iCamSource again.

inspiribomb

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2012, 07:23:54 AM »

The UPnP success message indicates that the port has been opened successfully in the router. The port might be blocked by another router on the network. Are there any other routers on the network? What are the Brand/Model of all routers on the network? What is the Brand/Model of your cable/DSL modem? Some modems have an integrated router that could cause this problem.

It's also possible that the router is in a bad state. You can check that by rebooting the router. To do that, unplug the router's power cable for about ten seconds, then plug the power cable back in. Once the router has rebooted, try running iCamSource again.

As far as I know, the only router/modem (I believe they are integrated into one unit) is a "Sagemcom" (which I believe to be a rebranded Siemens) SE567.

I have tried rebooting the router, this does not change anything.

teamhuckem

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2012, 07:55:53 PM »
Hi There!  I am very much looking forward to getting this app working on my iPhone 4S.

I have just downloaded the app for my iPhone 4S and have downloaded icamsource(2.4.3)  to my windows 7 PC (64bit).

I am "Connected to Server" and see a video preview on my PC (via icamsource).  My iPhone app gives me the error:

"Source Connection Error - One or more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to."

This occurs on 3G and WIFI (on the same WAN).

I have checked and rechecked the login and passwords.

I have disabled my firewall.

I am using a Linksys 3000 router and it is the only router on the network.

My external IP is

My iPhone IP begins with 198.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2012, 12:31:59 AM »
Hi There!  I am very much looking forward to getting this app working on my iPhone 4S.

I have just downloaded the app for my iPhone 4S and have downloaded icamsource(2.4.3)  to my windows 7 PC (64bit).

I am "Connected to Server" and see a video preview on my PC (via icamsource).  My iPhone app gives me the error:

"Source Connection Error - One or more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to."

This occurs on 3G and WIFI (on the same WAN).

I have checked and rechecked the login and passwords.

I have disabled my firewall.

I am using a Linksys 3000 router and it is the only router on the network.

My external IP is

My iPhone IP begins with 198.

If you're seeing the Source Connection Error when your phone and computer are connected to the same network, that indicates the problem is caused by firewall software on the computer, since the network traffic isn't going through the router in that case. Please quit or disable all firewall software on the computer running iCamSource (temporarily) to see if iCam starts working.  If it does, we can configure the firewall to work with iCam.

allen

• View Profile
Cannot connect to the broker server
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2012, 03:31:32 AM »
I have weird situation here, it seems that when I log in as admin I have no problem connecting to the broker server but when I log in as a user with no admin right with parental control on VISTA 64 bit (Dell touchscreen computer with build in camera)  I cannot connect to the broker server.  I have uninstalled icamsource and reinstalled and ensure it is not blocked on the firewall but no luck.  I have airport extreme for my home router.  Any advise will be appreciated.

Allen

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2012, 10:42:31 PM »
Please quit or disable all firewall software on the computer running iCamSource (temporarily) to see if iCam starts working. If it does, we can configure the firewall to work with iCam.

medway

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2012, 12:03:24 PM »
I am now having problems viewing my icam since using an ip camera.

I can only seem to allow one ip address at a time on my router,  how do i set it so that I can view icam at the same time as my ip camera?

Thanks

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2012, 09:15:05 PM »
You can view multiple cameras simultaneously if you use the exact same login and password for all of the cameras.  When you use that same login/password in iCam on your iPhone, it will show all of the cameras that are using that exact login/password.

rsmith9717

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2012, 06:03:38 PM »
I too am having this same frustrating problem with my icam App on my iPhone. It works under local WIFI but since  a month now it does not work over ATT's cellular data network.
I have done ago config and
I have done the port forwarding on my ubee router and it still does not work. Help!!!!!!!!!
Rog

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2012, 08:17:15 PM »
I too am having this same frustrating problem with my icam App on my iPhone. It works under local WIFI but since  a month now it does not work over ATT's cellular data network.
I have done ago config and
I have done the port forwarding on my ubee router and it still does not work. Help!!!!!!!!!
Rog

If you already have port forwarding configured on your router, I would like to try and confirm that your port forwarding is functioning as we expect it to. If you visit this link in your computer's web browser: http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12001

... it will open a webpage that contains a Java Applet in it (similar to iCamWeb) that will be able to listen on port 12001 for a UDP packet to be sent from a server on the Internet to your computer.

If your port forwarding is functioning correctly then you should see a message saying that the port is "open." If it is not functioning correctly, it should say that it is blocked.

Also, please send me a screenshot of your router's port forwarding configuration so we can verify the settings to support@skjm.com. Please reference this post and your username in your email.

pbs

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 01, 2012, 06:45:44 PM »
Have 2 Foscam cameras. Can view them by putting their URLs in browser. But, cant even get iCamsource to open.  nothing happens when I click on icamsource icon. 

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2012, 02:10:50 AM »
Have 2 Foscam cameras. Can view them by putting their URLs in browser. But, cant even get iCamsource to open.  nothing happens when I click on icamsource icon. 

It sounds like the iCamSource window may be hidden. When you close the iCamSource window, the iCamSource program still runs in the background. If the iCamSource window is hidden, there will be a small iCamSource icon in the Menubar(Mac) or System Tray (Windows). The icon is a small version of the iCam icon (camera lens). From this icon, you can stop, start, or quit iCamSource. If you select "Preferences" it will display the iCamSource window.