Author Topic: Troubleshooting 101 - iCam & iCamSource Error Messages  (Read 223589 times)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 101 - iCam & iCamSource Error Messages
« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2011, 06:10:54 PM »
It may be that your ISP changed your external IP address. Do you know if your ISP regularly changes your IP? Or is it fairly constant?

VivianM

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2011, 10:28:35 AM »
My Problem Situation:

iCamSource Computer (Windows 7 64-bit) connects to the internet through my Android's WiFi Hotspot feature and my IP address is not static.  My wireless router is not connected because I have no internet service provider.  I installed the iCam software and connected to the server successfully.  Everthing seems to be in working order from my end.

My boyfriend has the iPhone and tried to connect from out of state but received the error message "1 or more sources returned by the iCam broker server could not be connected."

I disabled the firewall and started going through the trouble shooting steps and successfully enabled port forwarding. Once I restarted the iCamSource. I saw the checkbox allowing me to enable Port Forwarding and got the range 12000 to 12100 check box.

That is where I got stuck because the next step is to go to http://portforward.com/ and find my router, which I do not have connected.

What can I do?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2011, 05:55:59 PM »
VivianM is getting support for this through email.

TijuanaMB7

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2011, 06:25:39 AM »
Hello, I too am experiencing the Source Connection Error.  I emailed the support email yesterday and have not received a response at this time.  My error is displayed as a "ICam Broker Server" when I am in the 3G mode.  My email contains my specific IP address and some additional details I've attempted to try and troubleshoot.  I would like to have this application fully functioning or it's pointless to have paid for this application. If you could please provide guidance in resolving this issue it would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time.

TijuanaMB7

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2011, 11:01:38 AM »
TijuanaMB7 sent an email last night and is now receiving support through email.

Kiwicamfan

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2011, 04:01:05 PM »
I keep getting an "icamsource.exe has stopped working" error message - the application dies and needs to be restarted. Here's what I know about the problem:

Windows 7 on a clean install PC that does nothing but run icamsource (latest version). 2GB memory, dual 2.4GHz proc.

3 cameras:
- Logitech pro for notebooks
- Maygion IP camera (MJPEG)
- Foscam IP camera (MJPEG)

- It's intermittent. I can go for several days without a problem, but after it's happened once it will keep happening until I reboot, or clean out the registry and reconfigure icamsource.

- The error is triggered by me being in the iphone app - at startup, or at any point while I'm using it.

Error detail says:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   BEX
  Application Name:   iCamSource.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   4ddd3d03
  Fault Module Name:   MSVCR90.dll
  Fault Module Version:   9.0.30729.4940
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4ca2ef57
  Exception Offset:   0006ccb5
  Exception Code:   c0000417
  Exception Data:   00000000
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:   5129
  Additional Information 1:   49c8
  Additional Information 2:   49c8fdd11791bdfaeddb92b290a0a226
  Additional Information 3:   a7a0
  Additional Information 4:   a7a0ad0bcf17eddbb81067e5acc2f077

I've lived with this for some months, but really need to get it sorted. Any ideas?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2011, 10:50:38 PM »
Please try each camera individually to see if the crash happens with any particular camera.

inspiribomb

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 29, 2011, 11:52:13 PM »
I just installed the iCam app on my iPhone 4.  Works just fine when connected to my home wi-fi, but I get the "source connection error" when trying to connect via 3G.  I get the same error when I use the "auto config router" option on both wi-fi and 3G.  I tried manually setting up port-forwarding, as well as using the tool on the Port Forward website (apparently doesn't work for Mac), but neither worked (granted I wasn't able to successfully set up port-forwarding).

-Mac OS X
-iPhone 4 on latest firmware
-Router is Sagecom (Siemens) SE567

This is exceedingly frustrating and really shouldn't be this difficult to set up.

Thanks in advance.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2011, 10:34:15 AM »
I just installed the iCam app on my iPhone 4.  Works just fine when connected to my home wi-fi, but I get the "source connection error" when trying to connect via 3G.  I get the same error when I use the "auto config router" option on both wi-fi and 3G.  I tried manually setting up port-forwarding, as well as using the tool on the Port Forward website (apparently doesn't work for Mac), but neither worked (granted I wasn't able to successfully set up port-forwarding).

-Mac OS X
-iPhone 4 on latest firmware
-Router is Sagecom (Siemens) SE567

This is exceedingly frustrating and really shouldn't be this difficult to set up.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your post and sorry for your frustration. iCam does generally "just work" for the majority of users, but there are setups that do require some additional configuration.

Please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

inspiribomb

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2011, 10:58:57 AM »
UPnP Success 12000 -> 12000

I would like to add that my phone will still receive Push Notifications when the camera detects motion, but I cannot view the live feed.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2011, 02:13:13 PM »
Here is a link to the port forwarding instructions for your particular router: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Siemens/Gigaset-SE567/default.htm

Following these instructions:

Forward the port range 12000-12100 (UDP protocol)  to the computer running the iCamSource.

Once this is done and you've enabled port forwarding in the iCamSource program, you should be able to access your iCamSource.

To enable port forwarding in the iCamSource program, follow the directions in this forum post: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402

Please let me know if you have any questions about any of these instructions.

Even though you are not receiving video, receiving Push Notifications is common. The Push Notifications use the Apple Push Notification Service, while the iCam connections are direct connections between the phone and the computer, so they don't really have anything to do with each other.

inspiribomb

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2011, 03:49:53 PM »
I appreciate the quick responses.  I am having trouble with the port-fowarding instructions, however.  Their tools for automatically setting up a static IP apparently do not work for Mac, and it sounds like I need to call my ISP or something, which I do not have time for right now.

I am sure this will work great once I get it all set up, just have a hurdle to get over.  Any help you can offer is much appreciated.  I apologize for my impatient initial post, I have been extremely stressed lately.  I will do my best to be patient and kind in the future  :)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2011, 05:11:53 PM »
You can try it without setting up a static IP. Your router may assign the computer a different dynamic IP in the future, then the port forwarding rule in the router will need to be updated with the new IP, so it's better if it's a static IP. But if you are having issues with the static IP, you can go ahead and set up a port forwarding rule without setting up the static IP.

No apology necessary. We'd like to do what we can to help you get things up and running.

inspiribomb

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2011, 11:00:40 AM »
I am having trouble setting up this port forwarding stuff.  Maybe I just don't understand how to do it.  I get confused at the port forward website when it starts asking for internal IP addresses and whatnot.  Where do I change all these settings?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 01, 2012, 11:47:29 PM »
I am having trouble setting up this port forwarding stuff.  Maybe I just don't understand how to do it.  I get confused at the port forward website when it starts asking for internal IP addresses and whatnot.  Where do I change all these settings?

What error message are you seeing when you are unable to connect: No Sources Found, Broker Connection Error, or Source Connection Error? Are you having problems connecting when your phone is connected via 3G, WiFi, or both?

For more information about iCam error messages and possible fixes, please go here: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php