Author Topic: SuperDVR 4port usb capture  (Read 9457 times)

Cdd

• View Profile
SuperDVR 4port usb capture
« on: March 14, 2011, 07:57:48 AM »
I purchased the following :

http://easycapexpertti.mybisi.com/product/easycap004-4-channel-palntsc-usbdvr-motion-detect

and tried hooking it up too icamsource...without luck. Is there any way I can make this work with Icamsource ? The hardware under windows xp is listed as TD3101-3104 Video Capture (listed like that in icamsource too) but no picture not even on a single input. The drivers and package you get with it are on the above link as well. The supplied DVR software works fine with it, all 4 CCTV cams working fine, has motion etc, but I want to get it to work (hopefully) on icamsource.

Please advice, regards.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: SuperDVR 4port usb capture
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 02:47:26 PM »
The best thing you'll probably be able to do is use ManyCam to make your desktop a webcam source...then use the DVR maximized on your desktop. Then add the ManyCam source to icamsource.

I doubt it, but you might be able to add one or more of the cams as a source in ManyCam...but that's a long shot.

Another option (which I wouldn't consider much of an option) is to install capture cards that Windows views as a camera source and plug a camera into each one...but that would require 4 empty slots on your motherboard (highly unlikely). I remember several people on here discussing these DVR products, and at most (if I remember correctly), they got one camera working.

Cdd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 04:28:26 PM »
Thx for the ideas ... made me wanna go find out how this software (superdvr) talks to the hardware, this is done by a homebuild codec actually, remove the codec and the program itself fails. So if Icamsource could inc the codec, there might be light at the end of the tunnel.

Regards

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 04:40:52 PM »
iCam supports USB webcams, built-in webcams, and IP cameras that output MJPEG formatted data.  If your device is not one of those, then it probably won't work with iCam.

Cdd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 02:32:28 AM »
It does mjpeg alright, but it's using it's own codec to talk to the 4 outputs /cam/1 /cam/2 /cam/3 etc up to 4 ... that s why it's not working on icam. Icam find's the device but can't handle the ports.

Anyway, no problem, I ll go find something that works on Iphone.

Regards

Cdd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 09:49:51 AM »
Nevermind, took the software apart in ida pro and it's using an XVID codec .. actually making it blazing fast without any CPU hoggin..

Just need to find an app to load up the specific dvr while using that codec ...

Regards