Author Topic: Slow framerate  (Read 3188 times)

Ward

• View Profile
Slow framerate
« on: April 18, 2009, 11:41:13 AM »
Do you guys have any idea yet what causes the app to malfunction with some users? I was really looking forward to using iCam, but right now it's pretty much useless.... The preview works fine, but on my iPhone I just get a few frames every minute :(
Also my connection is ok, full signal on both wifi and 3G..

gr Ward

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Slow framerate
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 03:23:50 PM »
Ward - There was an issue previously where a user was experiencing slow frame rates on the iPhone, and the reason behind it was that they had a product called ColorEyes installed: http://www.integrated-color.com/

For whatever reason it was taking over the JPEG compression for their computer, creating exceedingly large images that were taking a long time to transmit from the iCamSource to iCam. Once they disabled ColorEyes, everything worked as expected.

Do you have anything similar installed on your computer? The way we determined this was to connect to their iCamSource with our iCam running in debug mode and see that the image sizes were much larger than they were supposed to be.

If you don't have ColorEyes or any similar product installed, then if you could send an e-mail to support@skjm.com referencing this post then we can continue troubleshooting from there.

cmf815

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 08:35:06 PM »
I just installed the program and was initially having frame rate issues as well.  I am using a macbook pro and had a custom display profile set up.  Once I set the display profile back to the default option of 'color lcd' the frame rate issue went away.  Hope this helps.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 08:18:15 AM »
cmf815 - Thanks for that. :)

Another user had a similar slow frame-rate issue, but once she had updated her Logitech webcam drivers, it was resolved.