Author Topic: bandwidth  (Read 26898 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: bandwidth
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2012, 10:12:47 PM »
Going to test it better next days, btw i'm happy now, thanks, enjoy with that thanksgivin.
see you

Thanks. :)

antipro

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2012, 10:25:56 PM »
ok, I'll do it.
I'm testing it right now with 3 webcameras and it works great.

The only 2 little problems are that it often crash with that lame.dll error, if I enable audio,
audio is important as video and I want to use it.

the other problem is that some time appear a window in icam that say something like "connection error" but i press ok and the app continue to work. I'll report the exact text.

EDIT: the error is:
"Source Connection Eroor - One or more of the icamsoursec returned by the icam broker server could not be connected to."

EDIT: it is just crashed with this file error "MSVCR90.dll"

I'll send you log files soon.
bye
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 10:50:15 PM by antipro »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2012, 09:48:16 AM »
Thank you for the log files.

Before troubleshooting the sporadic crashes you are having, I would like to focus on the slow frame rate issue.

Does both version 2.5 (the latest version from the web site) and the logging version (2.4.3a) only refresh at about 1 frame per second when you are zoomed in on a camera? If so, does the 2.4.3b version have a much higher frame rate when zoomed in? (I believe that was the case.)

The logging version should help track down this frame rate issue, but the log files you have sent so far do not show any unknown error codes when attempting to send data for some reason. Does 2.5 only show a slow frame rate when zoomed in if audio is turned off on all cameras? What if you only turn off audio in iCam on your phone and still choose the audio input in the iCamSources?

antipro

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2012, 12:08:39 PM »
Does both version 2.5 (the latest version from the web site) and the logging version (2.4.3a) only refresh at about 1 frame per second when you are zoomed in on a camera? If so, does the 2.4.3b version have a much higher frame rate when zoomed in? (I believe that was the case.)

The logging version should help track down this frame rate issue, but the log files you have sent so far do not show any unknown error codes when attempting to send data for some reason. Does 2.5 only show a slow frame rate when zoomed in if audio is turned off on all cameras? What if you only turn off audio in iCam on your phone and still choose the audio input in the iCamSources?

The 1fps refresh issue is related to the v2.5 only and AUDIO(icamsouces and iphone) ON or OFF seems do not affect on that.
Both the Beta and Alpha versions have NOT that behavior.
The Beta version seems it works generally better than Alpha.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2012, 05:22:59 PM »
The 1fps refresh issue is related to the v2.5 only and AUDIO(icamsouces and iphone) ON or OFF seems do not affect on that.
Both the Beta and Alpha versions have NOT that behavior.
The Beta version seems it works generally better than Alpha.

If version 2.5 is giving you the 1 fps issue but 2.4.3a and 2.4.3b are not, there are a couple of other versions you could try as well.

If you uninstall 2.5, delete the C:\Program Files\iCamSource folder, and download and install version 2.4.3, does it have the 1 fps problem? - http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSetup2.4.3.exe

Does version 2.4.4? - http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSetup2.4.4.exe

antipro

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2012, 08:16:35 PM »
Both versions 243 and 244 have the same issue of the 2.5.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2012, 12:05:39 PM »
Both versions 243 and 244 have the same issue of the 2.5.

Ok, then that is odd that 2.4.3a (which is the same as 2.4.3 but includes logging) works well for you.

Did you delete the C:\Program Files\iCamSource folder when installing the new versions? The uninstaller doesn't always clear out the old version, so you may have still been running 2.5 when you thought you were running 2.4.3 or 2.4.4.

You can additionally check the title bar of the iCamSource application window to confirm that you are running the correct version.

antipro

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2012, 12:34:41 PM »
sure I deleted all files, and I checked the versions, tonight maybe I retry.

EDIT: I try now, Im using 243: In the mosaic view I see a good fps rate only in one of the 2 cams actually connected,  but if I zoom in they both goes at 1fps.

isnt it better to continue this discussion in a private channel? PM or skype?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 12:48:41 PM by antipro »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2012, 03:01:27 PM »
sure I deleted all files, and I checked the versions, tonight maybe I retry.

EDIT: I try now, Im using 243: In the mosaic view I see a good fps rate only in one of the 2 cams actually connected,  but if I zoom in they both goes at 1fps.

isnt it better to continue this discussion in a private channel? PM or skype?

If there are other users in the future that experience the same issues then this forum post may prove helpful.

Since 2.4.3 is giving you the 1 fps issue but 2.4.3a is not I will try making a logging version from 2.5 that will hopefully still have the 1 fps issue and will give some insight into the cause of the problem.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2012, 04:50:50 PM »
Ok, here is a logging version based off of version 2.5: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource2.5a.zip

It should only create a log file when it has problems sending data, so please try this version to see if you see the 1 fps that you see with version 2.5, and if so, hopefully a log file will be created that will help troubleshoot the issue.

antipro

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2012, 10:06:39 PM »
did it. Something went wrong with logs i think..

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2012, 09:36:40 AM »
According to the logs the error message is EBADF (9) which is saying that the socket is a "bad file descriptor" ... Although I am not sure why it would be saying that and still be able to transmit data at 1 fps.

Regardless, I have made a new version that handles the sporadic EBADF error message and has some additional logging to see if there is a cause for that error message: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource2.5b.zip

Theoretically that version should work well for you as it handles the EBADF error message. It should also generate a log file that may be helpful in determining why the error message appears in the first place, so if you could send it to support@skjm.com once you have tested whether the zoomed in view is at 1 fps or not, I would appreciate it.

antipro

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2012, 01:13:38 PM »
logs sent,
i just want to ask you if icamsource saves others files in some directory.. or in the registry..

if i uninstall it and delete all the files in the main directory it remember the desktop position, actually on my secondary monitor, and the webcamlist, password and preferencies, how to default them all?

i want to open it in the primary monitor and redo the list, etc.

thanks

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2012, 08:46:30 PM »
Yes, there are keys stored in the Registry. If you would like to clear them as well, you can download and run the following registry setting file: http://skjm.com/icam/CleaniCamKey.reg

Since version 2.5b seems to have fixed the 1 fps problem I will make a new version tomorrow that will remove the logging. If you are still having other issues (crashing, etc.) we can address those as well.

antipro

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2012, 08:59:32 PM »
ok thanks, I'll test it and report eventual problems.

about the registry is the same if I just delete the following entry, right?
 [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SKJM, LLC\iCam]