Author Topic: Custom PUSH Notification Sound for iCam (directions)  (Read 4419 times)

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Custom PUSH Notification Sound for iCam (directions)
« on: February 26, 2013, 08:41:19 PM »
If you want a custom PUSH notification sound for iCam (or presumably other apps), follow the steps below. I am a Windows user, so I can't answer any Mac-based questions. Also, I do not work for or represent SKJM, so this is not (yet) an "official method." Your phone does NOT need to be jailbroken in order to do this, although mine is. Finally, if following these steps causes any issues with your iCam app, simply delete it from your phone and reinstall it.

1) Download/install iFunBox (free for Windows or Mac) from http://www.i-funbox.com/
2) Find or record a new sound that you would like to be your iCam PUSH notification sound. Note: The default sound is about .36 seconds long. If you pick a new sound that is much longer than .36 seconds, it will be rather annoying when the sound plays while you're on the phone. If the sound file is not already a .wav file, you will need to convert it to a .wav file with a frequency of 44100 Hz. Audacity (a free program) can be used to easily edit files (cut out unwanted parts, change the volume, change the frequency to 44100 Hz, convert/export it to a .wav file, etc). SAVE THIS NEW SOUND AS "push.wav" (without the quotes) and make a mental note of the folder that you are saving the file in.
3) Connect your iPhone to your computer via USB cable
4) Once i-FunBox connects to your iPhone, do the following:
   a) Click on the "iFunBox Classic" tab at the top
   b) In the LEFT column, navigate to the following folders by DOUBLE-CLICKING (not using the + sign):
       Connected Devices > iPhone > Raw File System > User > Applications > iCam > iCam (or iCam.app)
   c) Right-click on the file named push.wav and click Rename, and then rename the file to push_old.wav.
   d) Right-click in the blank area of the right column and click "Copy from PC..."
   e) In the window that opens, browse to the folder where you saved the new sound (from step 2 above) and double-click on the push.wav file.
   f) Verify that the file named push.wav now appears in the right column and that the name is exactly "push.wav" (without quotes).
5) Reboot your iPhone by holding down the Home and Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
6) Test the new sound by triggering a motion event. You might also try triggering a motion event while you're on the phone and the other party is talking, so you can get an idea of how disruptive it might be.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Custom PUSH Notification Sound for iCam (directions)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 09:26:50 AM »
Thanks for the great write-up, OUAnthony. :)

For anyone interested as to why it is such an involved process to use a custom notification sound, check out this discussion thread: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=5326.0