Author Topic: iCam+ IP camera support  (Read 3569 times)

SCMW

• View Profile
iCam+ IP camera support
« on: April 13, 2009, 02:18:10 AM »
Best app ever and can't wait to get my hands on your new iVid. I'm running iCam on three computers with 2 FireWire cams and one USB version to keep an eye on things when I'm gone. And it works perfectly and I would love to add that extra camera so I can watch all four screens. But I'm not needing an extra computer and all these cables around the house connecting the cams to the computers are not helping my relationship with my girlfriend.  ;)

So ideally I would love to get myself four brandnew Linksys WVC54GCA IP cams(reasonably priced and good quality video)in a wireless G network and be able to watch them on iCam. I would be more then willing to pay a premium to this feature and I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Maybe an iCam+ or pro version could be something to consider.

Again my compliments for your great products. Looking forward to what you will come up with in the future...........

Anthony
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 02:23:48 AM by SCMW »

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCam+ IP camera support
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 10:49:40 AM »
I'm glad you like iCam :)

Other people have asked for wireless/network cam support, and it is on our list of potential features to develop in the future.

The main problem with wireless/network cam support is that there isn't any standard for getting the video from the camera like there is for USB/built-in cams.  Some network cams serve up mjpeg, and some, like linksys, use their own proprietary protocol.