Author Topic: iCamSource won't let Time Machine or other HDD to eject!!!  (Read 3356 times)

zxspectrum

• View Profile
iCamSource won't let Time Machine or other HDD to eject!!!
« on: February 23, 2011, 11:36:31 AM »
This is extremely annoying ??? Basically iCamSource won't let me Eject any of my internal HDDs on my MacPro.

Awaiting your reply.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamSource won't let Time Machine or other HDD to eject!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 11:33:37 PM »
The only hard drives that iCamSource should effect are the hard drive that iCamSource is running from, and the hard drive that the motion detection recordings are stored on.

Is iCamSource installed on the hard drive you are trying to eject?

Are motion detection events being recorded onto the hard drive you are trying to eject?

We have had a report of a USB bus issue that prevents external drives from being ejected when USB audio is being used.  To see if that is the case, please set your iCamSource Audio input setting to "No Audio" (Audio drop down list in iCamSource window) and then start iCamSource.  If you are able to eject the external drives when the Audio input is set to "No Audio" then the USB bus issue I mentioned is causing the problem.

zxspectrum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 12:02:13 PM »
The only hard drives that iCamSource should effect are the hard drive that iCamSource is running from, and the hard drive that the motion detection recordings are stored on.

Is iCamSource installed on the hard drive you are trying to eject?

Are motion detection events being recorded onto the hard drive you are trying to eject?

We have had a report of a USB bus issue that prevents external drives from being ejected when USB audio is being used.  To see if that is the case, please set your iCamSource Audio input setting to "No Audio" (Audio drop down list in iCamSource window) and then start iCamSource.  If you are able to eject the external drives when the Audio input is set to "No Audio" then the USB bus issue I mentioned is causing the problem.

Basically iCamSource is writing Temporaryitems .mov files to all my internal drives!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 03:58:19 PM »
Did you try setting the Audio source to "No Audio" in iCamSource?  If not, please try that to see if it has any effect on the behavior.

zxspectrum

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 04:03:41 PM »
Did you try setting the Audio source to "No Audio" in iCamSource?  If not, please try that to see if it has any effect on the behavior.

Yes, it works. But i really need the Audio...when should we expect a fix?

Awaiting your reply.
thanks

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 09:31:26 PM »
Unfortunately, it seems to be an issue with USB audio, not the iCamSource program in particular.  The other user that saw this behavior reported that it happened with other programs that accessed the USB audio as well. 

Are there any other active audio inputs available in the Audio drop down list in iCamSource?  If so, do you see the same behavior if you select those audio inputs?

zxspectrum

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 05:39:07 AM »
Unfortunately, it seems to be an issue with USB audio, not the iCamSource program in particular.  The other user that saw this behavior reported that it happened with other programs that accessed the USB audio as well. 

Are there any other active audio inputs available in the Audio drop down list in iCamSource?  If so, do you see the same behavior if you select those audio inputs?

Yes, same behavior on all. Any fix yet...?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 09:32:43 PM »
The temporary files are not created by any of the iCamSource code, so there aren't any changes we can make in iCamSource that would effect this.

What are the exact Audio source entries that you tried?  Were they all USB audio sources?