Author Topic: An enhancement request  (Read 2007 times)

schmke

• View Profile
An enhancement request
« on: April 05, 2009, 08:44:08 AM »
The app is working great for me, but in using it yesterday I had a few ideas for enhancements.

First, it would be great if iCamSource could record the video stream.  That way, if I wasn't able to monitor the webcam remotely I'd have it recorded to be able to view later.  But that could lead to some pretty big files which leads to the second request.

The recording feature should have an option for it to be triggered by motion.  If this is enabled, the recording only starts when motion is detected and then runs for a configured amount of time.  To be able to piece together these spurts of recording, a timestamp should appear on the recording.  And this recording should of course not interfere with the streaming, i.e. the streaming should not become triggered by motion.

There are programs out there that will do motion based picture taking or recording, but since I have iCamSource managing the webcam they can't work so I need these features in iCamSource itself.

Great app, worth paying for, would love to see the above implemented.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: An enhancement request
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 09:55:34 AM »
schmeke - Thanks for the feedback. Both of those items have been requested in the past and are currently near the top of our list of potential features to implement in the future. :)