Author Topic: Icam reset tool  (Read 2253 times)

knighty101

• View Profile
Icam reset tool
« on: February 06, 2011, 07:25:54 PM »
I couldnt find a Icam reset tool out there for when your connection drops i dont know about you but for me it is a real pain when I am away from my computer as I often cannot remote back to reset icam.  Therefore I created a VERY basic VB.net tool which launches Icam for a total time that you specify the tool then counts down untill it reaches 0 and then process kills the icam task... after about 10 seconds the tool restarts icam again with the time you specified and starts the count down again, this carrys on over and over until you quit it.
(this is the best way i found to keep my connection alive for long periods of time it resets mine every 12 hours, so in 24 hours the connection is down for about 20 seconds while it stops and restarts, additionally the best thing i found is if the connection is lost after say 8 hours then I know I only have 4 hours and the connection is restored)

its not the neatest program as i am bad at programming however I could find no other apps out there that restart Icam, and this one i made works so my point is if anyone would find a tool like this useful then I am more than happy to share it.  let me know.

however if there is already such a tool then please delete this post.