Author Topic: Airlink 747W issues  (Read 3378 times)

rjgvt

• View Profile
Airlink 747W issues
« on: February 06, 2011, 11:53:19 AM »
I am having some isues with my IP cam, 747W. Quick background, I have been using two USB webcams with Icamsource since last summer that are pointing out of windows. Outside of some sunlight induced contrast issues, it has been working pretty good. I recently bought an Airlink AICN747W based on the recommendations I have read on this forum. I liked the IR and wireless features. My goal is to have this cam at a remote location, but i have a lot to learn as far as networking, port forwarding, etc. but for now I am using it at home for the learning curve.

I have done the initial set-up to the IP cam hardwired to the Netgear router. When used wirelessly and used on the same Icamsource program as one of the USB webcams, the IP cam is not stable. It will randomly freeze. Desktop computer is an XP, SP3. I decided to run the cam wirelessly from my laptop, also running XP, with no other cams on that Icamsource program and it did not have the same stability issues. Just yesterday, I connected the cam to the router, hardwired, and ran it with one of the webcams and it has been on since last night with no issues.

I'm not sure if any of the other devices in the household can cause the wireless issues. Router is connected to the desktop. Other devices used on the wireless connection at any given time: 2 laptops, 1 Android phone and 1 iPhone. Any ideas? Thanks.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Airlink 747W issues
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 06:20:12 PM »
If the MJPEG checkbox is checked in iCamSource, then it's possible the MJPEG stream is getting corrupted, maybe due to a poor Wi-Fi connection.

If that the case, you can try checking the JPEG checkbox (instead of the MJPEG checkbox).  In that mode, iCamSource requests each image individually, so there isn't any stream to get corrupted.

rjgvt

• View Profile
Re: Airlink 747W issues
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 11:07:42 AM »
Last night I checked the JPEG box and started the IP cam on wireless with the two USB webcams. All was fine until 9:37am today. I noticed when checking remotely on my Android phone from work that the IP cam pictre is washed out and cam froze and stopped at 9:37am. Might be an issue with the amount of snow on the ground. One of the USB webcams, a cheap Logitech, gets washed out frequently. The other webcam, an Intel, has a good pic.

Thanks for the info, I'll keep plugging away to get the IP cam working right.

EDIT: Had to power cycle the IP cam when I got home to restore functionality.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 04:34:29 PM by rjgvt »