Author Topic: 2.2.1 "iCamSource has encountered a problem and needs to close"  (Read 2450 times)

insectophile

• View Profile
2.2.1 "iCamSource has encountered a problem and needs to close"
« on: February 02, 2011, 08:49:23 AM »
I have two XP computers running iCamSource 2.2.1. One streams a Logitech C905 webcam. The other streams a Logitech C905, a Logitech Pro 9000, and a Panasonic BLC1A IP camera. All have the latest drivers.

Both computers run iCamSource 2.2.1 PERFECTLY for anywhere from a few minutes to two hours before it crashes on both computers (not necessarily at the same time). A Windows error message appears: "iCamSource has encountered a problem and needs to close" with the following information:
AppName: icamsource.exe      AppVer: 0.0.0.0     AppStamp:4d0c3fbf
ModName: ntdll.dll      ModVer: 5.1.2600.5755      ModStamp:49901d48
fDebug: 0       Offset: 00010cbd

No error message appears on the iPhone.

I'm using it with wifi on my home network using a WRT54G router with DD-WRT firmware; port forwarding is set up on the router and in iCamSource on both computers. One is set with a range of 12000 to 12100 and the other 12200 to 12300. Both PCs have static IP addresses assigned.

I've reinstalled iCamSource; ran the registry cleaner file; rebooted both computers; rebooted the router. Still crashes.

Any hints or suggestions?
Thanks!

--Brent

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2.1 "iCamSource has encountered a problem and needs to close"
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 05:55:32 PM »
Do you see this behavior if you run only the Panasonic camera on the second computer?

Please make sure that the webcam drivers are updated on both computers and that both computers are fully updated through Windows Update.

insectophile

• View Profile
Re: 2.2.1 "iCamSource has encountered a problem and needs to close"
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 09:34:28 PM »
Do you see this behavior if you run only the Panasonic camera on the second computer?

Please make sure that the webcam drivers are updated on both computers and that both computers are fully updated through Windows Update.

Jay,
Thanks for the reply.
I rebooted both my machines a second time and haven't had the problem again.
If it shows up in the future I will try your suggestion to run only the Panasonic camera to help isolate the source of the problem.