Author Topic: Apple Timecapsule compatibility  (Read 2168 times)

4now

• View Profile
Apple Timecapsule compatibility
« on: January 24, 2011, 11:14:06 AM »
Hi, I'm using an Apple Timecapsule with a few Apple Express exclusively in my home. Any challenges getting your system set up with mine?

Thanks!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Apple Timecapsule compatibility
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 05:16:46 PM »
There's a good chance it'll work fine without any extra configuration.

The only problem that might come up in that scenario is if the Time Capsule and the Airport Expresses all have routing enabled.  If that is the case, then a device that gets it's IP address from an Airport Express won't be able to communicate with a device that gets it's IP address from the Time Capsule.  In that case, the best thing to do is to put the Airport Expresses into Bridge Mode (disable routing).  To do that, open your Airport Utility on your computer and look at this setting for each Airport Express:  Internet -> Internet Connection -> Connection Sharing

That setting should be set to OFF.  If it isn't, please set it to OFF.  If it's ON, then that Airport Express will act as a router, which can cause the problem I described earlier.

4now

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 04:37:19 PM »
Thanks very much!    My preference would be to purchase a turn key bundle given my current system. Can you make that happen?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 11:19:28 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean by a "turn key bundle".   We don't sell the app directly, Apple handles all sales through the Appstore.