Author Topic: Simple Instructions to Connect a Cisco/Linksys WVC80N to Apple Extreme Router  (Read 5675 times)

MacUser

• View Profile
I am looking for simple step by step instructions from anyone who has successfully connected their Cisco/Linksys WVC80N wireless cam to an Apple Extreme Router and have configured it to work on iCamSource running on a Mac.

I have read all the forums and have found bits and pieces of instructions -- after 5 hours of trying virtually everything, I am at a loss and would appreciate any help.

I haven't been able to configure the cam using the generic Linksys IP administration address -- it doesn't connect, either via wireless or ethernet.  I did manage to run VMWare, allowing me to use the provided CD and run PC config application to name the camera and have it recognized when connected to the Extreme router via Ethernet.  After trying to then recognize it wirelessly and get it working, nothing worked.

bretbaker5

• View Profile
hello!

I am to looking for instructions on how to set up a Cisco WCV80N with an Apple Airport Express.  Haven't found anything either.
My email is bretbaker5@gmail.com if you find any help.  Send me yours and I will do the same if I find anything.

Thanks,
Bret

bretbaker5

• View Profile
did you figure out how to install the Cisco Camera?  I did figure it out and will help you if you need help.

Bret
bretbaker5@gmail.com

bdellisola

• View Profile
Hi, regarding your post about setting up a webcam with the airport express or extreme. I am interested in setting up both. Can you share how you did it and which cameras you've found to work best (I haven't picked up the cameras yet, so I'm open)?