Author Topic: Error on iPhone trying to connect on 3G  (Read 3595 times)

rspaladino

• View Profile
Error on iPhone trying to connect on 3G
« on: December 15, 2010, 08:36:39 AM »
Trying to connect from iPhone on 3G returns error saying "One or more of the icam sources returned by the icam broker server could not be connected to".  What do I do to correct this. Had no problem connecting on wifi on same network when at home, but now at work cannot connect. Thanks in advance for your help.

Update- just got a text saying motion detected but iPhone cannot connect in full to show video or audio. Same error as above. By the way, using built in cam on MacBook and only tested wifi at home with positive results but did not test 3G at home.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:10:00 AM by rspaladino »

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: Error on iPhone trying to connect on 3G
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 07:19:56 PM »
You need to enable uPNP in icamsource and on your router and then reboot each. Or set up manual port forwarding (harder, but more secure and more stable).

rspaladino

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 09:35:18 PM »
I use an Airport Base Station, the saucer one, and can enable NAT Port Mapping Protocol which may be the same as uPnP but where do I find enable uPnP in iCamSource.  The preferences do not mention that.  I'm running version 2.1.3.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 01:51:26 AM »
I think it's called auto port configuration in icamsource...something like that. However, NAT port mapping protocol does not sound the same as uPNP...it sounds like what you would use to manually forward specific ports to specific IP addresses within your network. I'm not a Mac guy, so I can't really help you with your router. I'm sure the SKJM guys can help you if the sticky on port forwarding doesn't provide enough information. In the long run, I think you'd be happier if you:

1) Assigned the computer running icamsource (and any IP cameras) a static IP address within your network
2) Set up manual port forwarding for at least 7 UDP ports per camera, starting with 12000 on the Internet side of your router. On the network side, you can use whatever ports you want.
3) I'm not sure if the manual port forwarding option is visible on Mac's version of icamsource (it isn't visible by default on Windows version), so you might have to research how to get that option visible so you can set it. Set it to the same port range that you selected for the network side of your manual port forwarding. Once you have it set, start and stop icamsource to ensure the settings are saved.
4) Reboot everything (computer, router, iPhone) after all changes are saved. From then on, assuming no hardware changes, your connection should be rock-solid.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 02:51:08 AM »
The "Auto-Config Router" option in iCamSource attempts to use both NAT-PMP (Apple Routers) and UPnP (everything else) to automatically configure the router to work with iCamSource. 

If you enable that option and iCam still doesn't work, please let me know what status message appears next to the "Auto-Config Router" checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 06:51:43 PM »
Ohh, so NAT-PMP is the Apple equivalent of uPNP for the rest of the world? Which came first, NAT-PMP or uPNP? Is one better than the other, just curious?

rspaladino

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 09:41:29 PM »
SUCCESS!!! At least on wifi and 3G at home!!  Here's what I did.  Configured Airport Base Station on my MacBook (I use the Airport Base Station router that looks like a saucer) to "Enable NAT Port Mapping Protocol by going to Airport Utilities - Internet - NAT - click on Enable NAT Port Mapping Protocol. Then in iCamSource Preferences, clicked on Stop then clicked Auto-Config Router and Port forward Range changing the range from 12000 to 12100 TO 12000 to 12500 and restarted.  iPhone now sees video and audio on both 3G and wifi!  WOO HOO!!  Thanks to all that helped and I hope my post will help other Mac users!!

mangelal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 06:03:14 AM »
I am experiencing same Error on iPhone trying to connect on 3G. I am a Windows Vista user.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 11:36:18 AM »
I am experiencing same Error on iPhone trying to connect on 3G. I am a Windows Vista user.

Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource? If so, what status message appears after you have clicked the Start button? - http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3