Author Topic: iPhone iOS Notifcations Cause iCam Display To Show Garbage Graphics  (Read 2995 times)

Kurtois

• View Profile
iCam Support,

When I receive notifications from other applications on my iPhone while viewing iCam, the display goes to "heck".  Have you observed this behavior?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone iOS Notifcations Cause iCam Display To Show Garbage Graphics
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 12:38:57 PM »
What happens to the iCam display when that happens? 

When iCam loses focus, it does a refresh, so the webcam video might go away momentarily.  Are you seeing something different from that? If possible, get a screenshot of what you're seeing.

Kurtois

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 03:29:13 PM »
Jay,

<sigh>  Attachments not enabled on your forum.  May I ask why not?  It is just one more step, in my opinion and makes the board less useful.

I will be updating my other topic thread, but I have to wait so long for the Motion Events to appear, the iPhone (3GS) went to sleep.  When I unlocked the phone, here is what I saw:

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 11:59:50 AM »
I don't know of any way that could be caused by a push notification.  iCam does some processing when the phone display goes to sleep, so there might be a bug in that code.  Do you still see that display glitch if you enable the "Auto-Lock Override" in the iCam Options page?

Kurtois

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 02:09:36 PM »
Question missed:

Attachments not enabled on your forum.  May I ask why not?  It is just one more step, in my opinion and makes the board less useful.

Next point:
The graphic below was observed after these steps:
1.  Waiting for Motion Events list to populate (takes a long time with my setup).
2.  iPhone went to sleep.
3.  Unlocked iPhone, this is what appeared. 

Note:  I do observe a screen similar to this when system notifications appear when I am in the Motion Events screen in the past, but not in this specific case that I have documented here for you.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 10:23:26 PM »
Sorry, I didn't configure the forum, so I'm not sure why the attachments are disabled.  My guess would be that it's the default setting.

If you still see this behavior when the "Auto-Lock Override" option is enabled, please let me know.