Author Topic: can iphone 3gs act as a camera?  (Read 8532 times)

venus

• View Profile
can iphone 3gs act as a camera?
« on: December 07, 2010, 11:39:53 PM »
i have an iphone 3gs that i use for music now that i have an iphone4.  is it possible for me to use the 3gs as a camera to be viewed from the iphone4?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: can iphone 3gs act as a camera?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 12:07:18 PM »
If you used an application that turned your iPhone 3GS into a USB or network IP camera that supported JPEG or MJPEG video streaming then it could be used with the iCamSource and iCam. I am not really familiar with any of those types of applications, but I do know that they exist.

icam_user

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 09:50:07 AM »
i guess you need "pocketcam" and "pocketcontrol" , those two apps might satisfy your need.
they worked with icam source perfectly....

panchupin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 02:34:40 PM »
Hello icam_user. I've downloaded pocketcontrol and pocketcam, and they are connected. Now, how I do to connect these programs to icam or icamsource and make of the iphone an ip camera?
Thanks in advance.

dkb52

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 02:28:41 PM »
Once my iPhone connected with PocketControl, I exited PocketControl (still running).
In iCamSource, I added a camera (named it iPhone).
Under the USB/Firewall/Built-In tab, I had a new Video/Audio Source listed as Senstic PocketCam.  After setting those, started the iCamSource and all showed up.

Originally, the Senstic PocketCam source did not show up as an option.  However after a computer reboot, the PocketControl completed its installation.

I never could get iCamSource to recognize a URL or IP address for my iPhone using PocketCam.  So at this time, it seems limited to the wi-fi my laptop is connected to (close enough for PocketCam to connect to PocketControl).

Hope this helps somebody.

panchupin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 03:12:29 PM »
Great!! it works, thank you so much

echiang

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 10:27:13 PM »
Just found an iOS app called "Mini Webcam" that lets you use your iPhone's camera as a webcam and it works with iCam/iCamsource. Not a high resolution image, no audio, and it seems to only work in landscape orientation.

Robert_Kowalski

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 10:18:01 PM »
Neither PocketCam nor Mini Web Cam works for me. Mini Web cam crashes iCam Source Pro on PC as soon as it is started on iPhone. PocketCam (I downloaded basic free version) produces green screen in iCam Source for me.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 10:40:42 AM »
Wow, you dug up a REALLY old post. lol SKJM released an app to turn iPhones into expensive network cameras. I believe it's called "ipCam". I've never used it, so I don't really know much about it. Hope this helps point you in the right direction.