Author Topic: 2 eyetoy cameras  (Read 6586 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2 eyetoy cameras
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2010, 09:13:13 PM »
You can try, yes, although it may be an issue with Macam being able to connect to more than one at a time.

I would try adding one of the cameras and see how it goes. It may also be an issue of your computer not being able to power 3 USB webcams at one time. (The iSight, even though it is built-in, is still connected via the USB bus.)

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2010, 09:25:20 PM »
it still isn't even showing the single usb cam

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2010, 09:10:22 AM »
Is the single webcam not showing up in the Video drop-down list? Are you quitting (by clicking the iCamSource icon in the menu bar and selecting "Quit iCamSource") the iCamSource and re-launching it first?

If the camera is not showing up in the iCamSource, is it showing up in Photo Booth or iChat?

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2010, 05:16:01 PM »
I have tried quitting iCam and restarting my computer multiple times.  I even reinstalled iCam but the data was still there so i thought maybe i should try deleting the file that saves it.  I dont think iChat or photo Booth are compatible with anything but isight but those didn't work either.  Could you suggest another simple webcam viewer that I could download  Of course macam still shows the video.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2010, 08:06:47 PM »
iChat and Photo Booth work with other webcams that are compatible with OS X, and if a webcam isn't compatible with those applications then it most likely wouldn't be compatible with the iCamSource, either. (It's not really an application compatibility as an OS / system compatibility.)

Are you leaving Macam running when you launch Photo Booth, iChat, and the iCamSource? Macam acts as an intermediate driver between the OS and the webcam, so it does need to be loaded and running for the other applications to recognize it.