Author Topic: 2 eyetoy cameras  (Read 6580 times)

aen333

• View Profile
2 eyetoy cameras
« on: November 20, 2010, 11:12:31 PM »
I recently got a new mac mini and installed 8 gigs of ram.  After making sure things ran smoothly I decided to start iCam again. So I hooked up one of my old eyetoy webcams and downloaded macam and it worked perfectly so I decided to take advantage of my new power and add my second eyetoy but now I cant see either cam in the video dropdown.  I tried to play with the settings in macam but nothing seems to work.  Could it have something to do with them having the same name and or model?  If so I wouln't know how to change that. I'm not having any errors or anything so it looks like something simple. :)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2 eyetoy cameras
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »
Do the cameras work with other webcam applications on your Mac like Photo Booth and iChat?

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 11:08:29 AM »
They don't seem to. I tried unplugging the second and the first one doesn't even work now. I even tried restarting. Although, they work perfectly fine in macam.

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 11:11:00 AM »
and I can use audio from both cameras.

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 11:16:40 AM »
OMG nothing is working now it gets source connection error when I use the iSight.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 05:38:00 PM »
Are you getting the Source Connection Error over local WiFi? Have you tried rebooting your computer? I am assuming that the iSight's video is still appearing in the iCamSource Preferences window, correct?

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 05:54:29 PM »
Yup its over wifi.  I just rebooted my mac mini for the second time and I still get the source connection error over wifi.  Yes I do see the iSight camera live in the preferences window.  I have only one of the usb cameras plugged in at the moment and it is still not visible in the dropdown.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 06:21:40 PM by aen333 »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 08:51:55 PM »
If you remove the USB cameras and just use the iSight, are you able to get things back to how they were?

If you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your external IP address is then we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem. Please reference this forum post in your e-mail.

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 09:58:35 PM »
I unplugged both cameras and restarted my computer but the problem persists.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 07:01:33 AM »
Thank you for the IP address via e-mail.

If you uncheck the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource are you then able to connect via local WiFi?

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 08:35:51 AM »
Nope

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 09:05:26 PM »
It is odd that you are having problems connecting after reverting back to just using the iSight. I am assuming that you do not have the Port Forward Range checkbox checked, is that correct? (I am assuming that you have not enabled it.)

Can you e-mail a screenshot of your iCamSource Preferences window to support@skjm.com after you have clicked the Start button? Please reference this forum post in your e-mail.

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 09:16:43 PM »
Do you mean the auto config checkbox? I had that checked but I unchecked it after your post earlier today. Unfortunately it still doesn't work. Are you talking about a different checkbox?  I cannot find any others.  I'll email you the screenshot.
Thanks

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 10:56:24 AM »
Thank you for the screenshot. It looks like there are 2 cameras in your Cameras list, even though you are trying to connect to just your iSight. Please remove the second camera (by clicking the "-" button) and hopefully you will be able to connect.

aen333

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2010, 11:00:09 AM »
That did it! Yey! Now what do you think about the other cameras.  Should I try them again now?