Author Topic: Audio issue  (Read 10526 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Audio issue
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2010, 12:05:35 PM »
@venus - Is your computer going to sleep? Are there any other applications that might be taking the audio input away from the iCamSource?

stevemail555

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2011, 11:18:01 PM »
Is there any progress on this issue?

I am still having the same issue--audio cuts out after about a day, while video continues.  I  have latest drivers for webcam and windows vista.  (Full setup is listed in my previous post.)
Restarting icamsource cures the problem.
We did have a google chat feature but have removed it and it did not cure the problem.  skype is removed from memory and starts only manually.

Help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2011, 12:31:38 PM »
stevemail555 - Is the Logitech camera connected to a USB hub or extension cable?  If so, please try plugging it directly into the computer to see if that has any effect on the problem.

stevemail555

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2011, 08:32:05 AM »
Logitech camera is plugged directly into USB port on computer, no extension cable or hub.

The odd thing (to me) is that video remains stable.  If skype or google chat were interfering, they both use video and audio from the webcam.

Are there any other ideas to try?

Thank you.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2011, 05:52:42 PM »
stevemail555 - Do you have any other microphones (such as a built-in microphone) you can test with?  If you were able to try with a built-in or line-in mic, that might indicate whether or not there's an issue with the USB audio.

stevemail555

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2011, 10:53:58 PM »
I have a basic mike with an 1/8" mini-stereo audio jack that I can plug into the front of the computer.
I am embarrassed that I did not think of this approach myself to isolate the problem.

I will try that for a while and report back.  Thank you.