Author Topic: Audio issue  (Read 10521 times)

rlmarsh

• View Profile
Re: Audio issue
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 12:00:37 PM »
I leave the iCamsource as the only program running, but it still cuts out.....

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 07:07:31 PM »
rlmarsh - I know you said that you had the latest webcam drivers in your first post in the thread, but have you run Windows Update to make sure that Windows is fully updated?

rlmarsh

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 08:38:04 AM »
Yes, obsolutely.  Both my USB cams have the latest drivers.   The audio cuts out on both whether I run them both together or individually.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 04:33:27 PM »
Sorry, I didn't mean the webcam drivers.  I meant to run Windows Update to make sure that Windows is fully updated.

rlmarsh

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 06:48:48 PM »
Yes, the windows programs and drivers are automatically updated and are updated.

twink

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 04:28:17 PM »
I have the same issue with two cameras running under Windows 7. Everything is up to date. I normally lose audio on the back camera in 4 to 8 hours and then lose audio on the front camera in about 8 to 16 hours. In my case, all I need to do is stop/start the icamsource module and the audio is restored.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 05:17:52 PM »
Do both of you experience the same issue if you use the previous version of iCamSource (version 1.4.2.6)?  Version 1.4.2.6 is available at http://skjm.com/icam/support.php

twink

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2010, 06:36:03 AM »
I started with 1.4.2.6 and had the issue then as well.

rlmarsh

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2010, 08:54:50 AM »
Yes, I've tried the prior version of iCamsource but had the same issue.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2010, 01:17:21 PM »
That indicates this isn't a new problem introduced with version 2 of iCamSource.

If it's a hardware issue, it should show up in other programs.  Please try running another audio capture program, such as a recording program or a voice chat program like Skype and set it to continuously capture audio, similar to iCamSource. 

rlmarsh

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2010, 07:32:45 PM »
I am using Air Mic while you try and resolve this issue with iCam and it works continuously without cutting out the audio. The Air Mic app uses the same webcam microphone / win 7 PC set up.

Are you saying that the audio was not an issue with the prior version of iCamsource ?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 07:35:09 PM by rlmarsh »

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2010, 12:38:39 PM »
I was just saying that the problem you're experiencing wasn't introduced in version 2.0+, since you are also experiencing it with version 1.4.2.6.  If it was a problem introduced in the new version, that would indicate that iCamSource is the cause of the problem, as opposed to drivers/hardware.  Since you're seeing the problem with the old version as well, I'm still not sure what might be causing the problem.

I'd guess the Air Mic doesn't access the mic continuously, probably only when you connect.  The only reason iCamSource stays connected is because the current design connects to the webcam in order to perform motion detection and it connects to the mic at the same time.

Do you have another audio capture program you can run continuously, such as the sound recorder or a voice chat program?

rlmarsh

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2010, 01:41:06 PM »
Yes, I can test both if you like.

I'll run Google talk over one night and the windows sound recorder another and let you know how it goes....

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2010, 10:26:31 PM »
Thanks, please let me know how it goes.

venus

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2010, 11:37:38 PM »
same problem.  audio works for a while and then stops.  the only way to get it back is by restarting icamsource.