Author Topic: Audio issue  (Read 10501 times)

Terrk

• View Profile
Audio issue
« on: October 30, 2010, 07:54:39 PM »
I'm having a audio issue. I'm running windows 7 and using a logitech quickcam. I have audio for a little while, but then it just stops. When I restart source the audio comes back, but later goes away. Any help would be great!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Audio issue
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 09:51:41 PM »
Do you have the latest drivers installed for your webcam? Is your computer going to sleep? Are there any other applications that are stealing the audio input away from the iCamSource?

twink

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 06:20:30 AM »
I have 2 USB cameras that I have the audio turned on. Both use the generic Windows video drivers and are up to date. Sleep is turned off on the computer. One will consistently lose audio in under 12 hours and the other in under 24 hours. To turn audio back on, a simple stop/start on iCamsource is all that is required.

If in a future release of iCamsource, if you could include an auto restart or an auto stop/start that the user can specify every xx hours, my problem would be solved. It could also reduce any problems with memory leaks that occasionally show up.

Thanks

rlmarsh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 12:40:34 PM »
I am using one of six cams as a Babycam and I also am having the same issues with audio cutting out after random time intervals ( 15 mins ~ 4 hrs ).
I am running windows 7 64 Bit / Logitech Cam with latest drivers.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 11:16:44 PM »
Does the audio return is you refresh or re-launch the iCam app on your iPhone, or do you need to restart iCamSource on your computer to get it working?

rlmarsh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 06:53:00 AM »
I need to restart iCamsource ( a refresh of the app doesnt work )  :(

The default audio settings for each cam changes when I reboot the PC as well.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 09:44:51 PM »
What are the entries in the Audio drop down list?  Which entry do you select?  What entry does it change to when you reboot?

rlmarsh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 11:05:40 AM »
The audio options are: 1) Microphone (Pro 9000)  2) Microphone (SoundMax)  3) Line In  4) No Audio
I select Microphone (Pro 9000) with the Logitech quick cam pro and the Microphone (SoundMax) with my desktop.

Both of these options work perfectly when the icamsource is initially run for both USB cams and I dont have the issue with the audio source changing when rebooting the PC any more.

The issue is that the audio stops working after an hour or so.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 10:15:13 PM »
Do you see the same behavior if only the Microphone (Soundmax) is running? (select "No Audio" for the other camera)

Do you see this behavior if only the Microphone (Pro 9000) is running?

I'm guessing that the webcam mic is using the USB bus, while the SoundMax mic might not be.  If there's some issue with the USB connection, they should behave differently.

Also, is it possible that the computer is going to sleep and then waking up again?  We've seen a case before where a computer that woke from sleep wasn't reconnecting to the mic properly.

rlmarsh

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 09:43:24 AM »
I've disabled sleep on the PC so I know that's not the issue.

I'll try one USB camera vs the other and see what happens....

rlmarsh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 12:16:46 PM »
I removed the other USB from the iCamsource and tried it again and the audio still stops working after a while.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 10:32:54 AM by rlmarsh »

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 05:10:16 PM »
Is the camera connected to a USB hub or extension cable?  If so, please try connecting it directly to the computer to see if that has any effect on the problem.

rlmarsh

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 10:34:19 AM »
No, both USB Cameras are connected to the PC directly.

stevemail555

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 02:05:42 PM »
I am having a similar issue.  One computer and one webcam, and the audio stops working while the video continues to work.

Computer:  Dell XPS, Win Vista, 4Gb Ram
Webcam:  Logitech 5000 for both audio and video

sleep options:  computer monitor shuts down after 20 minutes but computer does not hibernate or sleep.  Audio works for a day or two, but then ceases.  Simply stopping and re-starting icamsource restores audio.  Video does not quit, generally, and is stable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Steve

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 08:57:07 PM »
The most common cause for the audio going out is another program taking control of the mic.  Please make sure there aren't any other audio-capture programs running, such as Skype.   

Also, please make sure that Windows is fully updated through Windows Update.

stevemail555 - Make sure that your have the latest drivers installed for  your webcam.