Author Topic: Problem: iCamSource v2.1.3 for Windows - iCam won't connect  (Read 16820 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem: iCamSource v2.1.3 for Windows - iCam won't connect
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2010, 08:29:22 PM »
We believe we have discovered the cause of the "password corruption" problem and should have an updated iCamSource available tomorrow.

TrippinBilly

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2010, 07:24:23 AM »
I'm curious about something.  I thought I had read somewhere in the forums that you guys use this to monitor your homes (or something).  Have you not run into similar issues?  If not, what are you guys doing differently?

<note: was intended for the SKJM folks>
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 10:37:04 AM by TrippinBilly »

trujillo

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2010, 10:03:16 AM »
Please let me know when its available. Thanks!

We believe we have discovered the cause of the "password corruption" problem and should have an updated iCamSource available tomorrow.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2010, 12:59:00 PM »
TrippinBilly - It was a thread safety issue with the code that encodes and decodes the passwords when they are stored in the registry / preferences. The thing with thread safety issues is that they're almost never consistent. We hadn't been experiencing this issue until just yesterday, which was how we were able to track it down and fix it.

The Mac version is currently available (http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource2.1.3.dmg) and the Windows version will be available later today. We just have a some more testing to do with it.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2010, 04:55:13 PM »
The Windows version is ready.  You can get it here: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSetup2.1.4.exe