Author Topic: Problems connecting with Windows Vista  (Read 3437 times)

terry

• View Profile
Problems connecting with Windows Vista
« on: March 03, 2009, 08:40:03 AM »
I am running iCam 1.1 with iCamSource 1.1.2, and I have yet to make a connection. I am trying to connect from my iPhone 2G running on EDGE to my Vista laptop running on an open wireless network (.Net 3 or higher, I can't recall). I start Source, then iCam, and just as soon as it looks like I'm making a connection the program stops responding and Windows leaves me with "iCamSource.exe has stopped working."

No kidding...
 ::)

On my phone I end up getting an error about a broken source or something, and I end up at the Options screen. I'm going crazy trying to get this to work. I leave for vacation tomorrow and I would love to keep an eye on the dogs with iCam.  ;D  PLEASE HELP!!!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problems connecting with Windows Vista
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 10:11:18 AM »
terry - It sounds like the iCamSource is crashing not when you first run it, not when you press the Start button, but when you attempt to connect to it with iCam ... Is that correct?

What is the make and model of your webcam, and what are the items that you are choosing from the Audio and Video drop-down lists?

terry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 04:29:20 PM »
Camera is a VIMICRO USB webcam (VC0303). The drop menus show that as my camera and Realtek as my audio device, which is correct.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 04:33:59 PM by terry »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 08:46:01 PM »
terry - When you click the Start button in the iCamSource, does the video from the camera show up in the iCamSource window? Have you tried selecting a different audio source (if available) to see if that has any effect?

terry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 07:04:06 AM »
When I click start, the video window stays gray. As the iphone connects, there is a quick flash (like nanoseconds) of screen capture, then it errors out. I will upload a video to show you what is happening.

I am unable to change both the sound and the video sources. the ones shown are the only options.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 07:26:26 AM by terry »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 09:25:45 AM »
terry - It sounds like there is an issue with the video capture, possibly with the drivers for your webcam. Have you made sure that you currently have the latest drivers for your webcam installed and that you have tried rebooting your computer?

A video of what is happening would be helpful, thanks. :)