Author Topic: After reboot, iCamsource won't run  (Read 19765 times)

dacarter

• View Profile
After reboot, iCamsource won't run
« on: September 03, 2010, 11:06:26 PM »
I rebooted today, probably for the first time since loading the app, and now Source crashes immediately after launching.  Get the "Stopped Working" message.  More info doesn't say much

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:   icamsource.exe
  Problem Signature 02:   0.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:   4c72e991
  Problem Signature 04:   System.Windows.Forms
  Problem Signature 05:   2.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:   4889dee7
  Problem Signature 07:   5e84
  Problem Signature 08:   66
  Problem Signature 09:   System.ArgumentOutOfRange
  OS Version:   6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033

Read our privacy statement:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: After reboot, iCamsource won't run
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 01:25:59 AM »
Have you rebooted again, since this problem first appeared?  If not,please try rebooting.

Please make sure that Windows is fully updated through Windows Update.

What version of iCamSource are you running?

dacarter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 01:20:18 PM »
Tried rebooting again, no help.

Using 2.0 beta (have to have the schedules)

Guess I could try 1.4 just to see if it also crashes.

dacarter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 01:25:54 PM »
Also, just loaded all Windows updates (except Vista SP2)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 01:27:35 PM by dacarter »

dacarter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 08:57:10 AM »
Tried 1.4.x.x, (it's also a beta?) and it also crashes immediately.  HELP!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 10:18:16 PM »
Sorry for the delay, we weren't receiving email notifications about this thread for some reason.

Do you know if the "Auto-Start" option is enabled in iCamSource?  If the option isn't enabled, that indicates the problem is with Windows.  If the option is enabled, the problem could also be caused by issues with the camera.

If possible, please update to Vista SP2.

Also, there are two prerequisites that must be installed in order for iCamSource to run properly, the Visual Studio Redistributable Package(vcredist_x86.exe) and the .Net framework. 

Please download the vcredist_x86.exe installer from here: http://skjm.com/icam/vcredist_x86.exe and run it.  After you run vcredist_x86.exe,  please reboot your computer.  Then try iCamSource to see if the problem has been resolved.

If that does not resolve your problem, please update .Net.  The .Net updater is available here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en

dacarter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 03:17:42 PM »
I don't get email notification on it either even though I am subscribed to the thread.

I'm not sure about the auto start flag, can't check it since the app doesn't start anymore.

Remember, the app was working was working for several days.

I'll try the updates when I get some time.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 09:44:29 PM »
Please download and run (double-click) this file:  http://skjm.com/icam/DeleteAS.reg

That will disable the Auto-Start option. 

After you run that reg file,  re-launch iCamSource.  The Auto-Start checkbox should be blank, but hopefully the program won't crash as soon as you run it.  It'll probably still crash if you hit the Start  button at this point. 

Please let me know if you're able to see the iCamSource window after you run the reg file.

seanhsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 12:38:23 PM »
I'm having this exact same issue. I uninstalled the previous version I had (1.4.2.5 BETA, I believe) which would crash sporadically and installed the new 2.1 version. It appeared to run fine at first but then crashed sometime within the next 12 hours after installing it (not exactly sure when). Since then, every single time I try and start iCamSource it crashes immediately and I get the "iCamSource.exe has stopped working" message. This is on Windows Vista 64-bit edition on my Dell Inspiron XPS laptop.

I've tried all the aforementioned suggestions, including running the DeleteAS.reg registry file, installing the Visual Studio Redistributable package (and rebooting afterward) and I have the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed which appears to be the latest version. I really hope this issue gets resolved soon... the last several versions of iCamSource have been far less than stellar.

EDIT: Also, in case it matters, the ONLY camera I have configured to run in iCamSource right now is the wireless AirLink747W (recommended by this very forum) over an MJPEG URL.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 12:41:24 PM by seanhsmith »

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 10:10:07 PM »
Have you rebooted your computer since this problem first occurred?  If not, please reboot.

Does iCamSource crash as soon as you launch the program, or when you hit the Start button, or some other time?

If you're able to access the settings, does changing to JPEG mode (not MJPEG mode) have any effect on the problem?

dkb52

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 10:33:44 PM »
After updating to v. 2.1.1, everything seemed fine (after unchecking auto-configure router).

I shut down iCam Source v 2.1.1 (on notebook), and started it on my desktop computer.  Everything seems normal there.

I decided to check out iCam Web, and loaded it (applet) on the notebook, to see if I could see what was showing on my iPhone and desktop.  It gave a "No sources Found" error, even before asking where to look.  I shut down my browser (Firefox), and restarted iCam Source on the notebook, only to receive the Windows "We're Sorry, iCam Source Encountered a Problem, and needs to shut down."  I tried to restart iCam Source v 2.1.1, only to receive the same message.

I uninstalled v. 2.1.1, rebooted, reinstalled v. 2.1.1, and received the same windows message again.  I uninstalled v 2.1.1, rebooted, reinstalled the earlier version 1.4.2 (I think) and things are running again.  Since the earlier version runs OK, I redownloaded v 2.1.1 and reinstalled it, only to receive the windows error message again.

I uninstalled v 2.1.1, rebooted, reinstalled the earlier Beta, and am running again.

v 2.1.1 is running fine on my desktop; but will not run again on my notebook.  Guessing, I think something was changed on my notebook, after attempting to use the iCam Web Java Applet thru Firefox, because all was fine until then.

I am using windows XP/Home on both desktop & notebook, and Windows reports that all updates are complete.

OK, scratch most of that (desktop part).  I just wen down to shut down iCam Source (which was still loaded); but it had the windows error message on top of the window.  So, v 2.1.1 has crashed there too (without a reboot).  I had been watching on my iPhone, and it said connection closed for that particular camera.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 10:55:24 PM by dkb52 »

grizzley

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 11:23:21 PM »
OK - I was having the same problem.  At first, 2.1.1 was running fine.  Then all of a sudden (maybe after a reboot, I dont remember) iCamSource would just instantly pop up an error and not load up.  I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled about 10 times with various combintations.  So then I uninstalled, rebooted and then went and looked at the registery.  There were traces of iCamSource in:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SKJM, LLC\iCam

I deleted that, rebooted and then reinstalled 2.1.1 and BAM!  It works again!  Lets hope it keeps working!

captual

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2010, 07:49:19 AM »
After updating to v. 2.1.1, everything seemed fine (after unchecking auto-configure router).

I shut down iCam Source v 2.1.1 (on notebook), and started it on my desktop computer.  Everything seems normal there.

I decided to check out iCam Web, and loaded it (applet) on the notebook, to see if I could see what was showing on my iPhone and desktop.  It gave a "No sources Found" error, even before asking where to look.  I shut down my browser (Firefox), and restarted iCam Source on the notebook, only to receive the Windows "We're Sorry, iCam Source Encountered a Problem, and needs to shut down."  I tried to restart iCam Source v 2.1.1, only to receive the same message.

I uninstalled v. 2.1.1, rebooted, reinstalled v. 2.1.1, and received the same windows message again.  I uninstalled v 2.1.1, rebooted, reinstalled the earlier version 1.4.2 (I think) and things are running again.  Since the earlier version runs OK, I redownloaded v 2.1.1 and reinstalled it, only to receive the windows error message again.

I uninstalled v 2.1.1, rebooted, reinstalled the earlier Beta, and am running again.

v 2.1.1 is running fine on my desktop; but will not run again on my notebook.  Guessing, I think something was changed on my notebook, after attempting to use the iCam Web Java Applet thru Firefox, because all was fine until then.

I am using windows XP/Home on both desktop & notebook, and Windows reports that all updates are complete.

OK, scratch most of that (desktop part).  I just wen down to shut down iCam Source (which was still loaded); but it had the windows error message on top of the window.  So, v 2.1.1 has crashed there too (without a reboot).  I had been watching on my iPhone, and it said connection closed for that particular camera.
Same for me

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 11:42:05 AM »
This new version uses the registry more than the last version, so it's possible that the registry key has somehow gotten into a bad state.

Please download and run (double-click) this file: http://skjm.com/icam/CleaniCamKey.reg

That will erase the current iCamSource settings in your registry.  You will need to re-enter all of your settings, but hopefully the problem will be resolved if it's due to a problem in the registry.

dkb52

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 12:20:15 PM »
OK Jay,  I ran the Clean iCam registry, and ALL seems back to normal on both my desktop & notebook computers.  Thanks, guess that's why you have HERO status. ;)