Author Topic: Feature Suggestion  (Read 4073 times)

cavalcanti

• View Profile
Feature Suggestion
« on: August 26, 2010, 04:50:06 PM »
Hello There,

I have a suggestion for the futures upgrades.

Selective area for motion capture.

I had that feature in my linksys camera, I would select on a grid which areas to trigger the motion recordings.

One of my cameras is outside, and it records each cars that passes in the street in front of my house, if I could select just my driveway to trigger the motion, would be a lot of help.

Thanks for this great app, it is exactly what I needed, I found you guys thru CNN,

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 05:43:05 PM »
Thanks for the great feedback! :)

dacarter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 11:37:36 AM »
I have the same situation with cars passing by and just posted this same suggestion on another thread.

Intregliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 06:31:13 PM »
Besides a MASK feature, another idea is a minimum amount of frames before you get a push or recording to start. This will reduce the one or two pictures being sent due to shawows. I have multiple cameras on one computer so can the cameras be named so when a push comes through you know what camers is sending the push or can a different sound be linked to different cameras.
This is a great app and seeing what potential it has, new versions should be more money. I tell people about this app and they would definatly buy it with a few more features.

THANKS for this app and your help.

viop-ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 04:18:54 PM »
Another feature that should be pretty easily to implement would be a toggle on the iCam screen that allows it to keep the application active (similar to a video game or GPS app for example) and prevent it from dimming or locking the screen.

For example, I might be in another part of the house and want to watch my cameras on my iPad because I'm expecting someone.  Currently the application times out and the screen locks every couple of minutes.  I would prefer to just keep it up and running, even if the battery is being drained, until I actively turn it off.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 04:54:59 PM »
Another feature that should be pretty easily to implement would be a toggle on the iCam screen that allows it to keep the application active (similar to a video game or GPS app for example) and prevent it from dimming or locking the screen.

For example, I might be in another part of the house and want to watch my cameras on my iPad because I'm expecting someone.  Currently the application times out and the screen locks every couple of minutes.  I would prefer to just keep it up and running, even if the battery is being drained, until I actively turn it off.

If you turn ON the Auto-Lock Override in the iCam Options screen it should do just that. :)

viop-ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 08:55:31 AM »
Aye Cur rumba!  Thanks!  I've been wondering why that wasn't already in there, since it makes perfect sense for a security app!   ;D

Mrs555

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 10:24:27 AM »
I love this app.  The beat one out there for sure.  I watch my dogs during the day, what would be cool is if I could yell at them for doing something bad from my phone and have it go to the computer.  We have sound one way but could we have it the other too?

Awesome job on this!