Author Topic: Hangs up on stop command  (Read 3351 times)

jjbarth

• View Profile
Hangs up on stop command
« on: February 22, 2009, 05:36:00 PM »
ICAM is one of the coolest apps.  It worked fine,even with multiple cameras, but since downloading 1.1.1 I can open ICAM source and it works.  The problem is when I click on the stop button, It stops and hangs up and am unable to close it.  I can't even end it with the device manager or shut down the computer without pulling the power cord.   I'm running XP sp3.
Any Ideas?
Jerry

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hangs up on stop command
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 10:52:30 PM »
Does it hang up like this if you quit the program while the video is running? Or does it only hang up when you hit the Stop button?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 10:55:29 PM by Jay »

jjbarth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 07:32:02 AM »
Good Morning.  Also hangs when stopped by "X-ing" out while running.  The task manager shows 2 ICAM's "not responding" even though only one was opened and will not shut it down either.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 07:40:01 AM by jjbarth »

jjbarth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 10:07:37 AM »
I've been trying some other configuations and found that audio was the problem.  I'm not using audio so I hadn't tried any other.  When I did it allows me to stop and close without hanging up. Now it works fine.  The default was "USB AUDIO INTERFACE" which was the cause.  I have 5 different audios to chose from.  All the others allow the program to close normally.  Possibly the "USB AUDIO INTERFACE" driver is not installed properly.
Now it's working the way I want, with 4 different video sources on 4 ICAM Sources and viewable on my IPOD Touch.  This is great!
The ICAM/WEB  site is also a nice addition to the system.
Thanks.    Jerry
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 10:12:01 AM by jjbarth »

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 10:44:27 AM »
I'm glad you got things working!

You're probably right about the USB AUDIO INTERFACE driver.  The name implies that it might be a generic driver installed by Windows, and those don't always work very well :)