Author Topic: [Feature Requests] Scheduling, Off-Site Storage, Remote on/off of motion sensor  (Read 2733 times)

pixelrogue

• View Profile
Hello all,

I love all the fun things iCam can do, however it isn't quite practical. Fun, but not that practical. I would love to use iCam for home security, but it needs to work with or without the iPhone.... and needs to work live or non-live. Someone breaks in, I want the images taken and immediately stored in the cloud or remote FTP location. Someone breaks in, it is likely the computer equipment will go and it is likely you won't happen to be available to watch live (happy for the person who did). Don't want to take pictures of myself..so scheduling is important and equally important... remembering a little too late to turn on the motion sensing option - so let me turn it on through the browser or iphone.

- Scheduling
- Offsite storage
- Easy means to turn motion sensing on/off.

Put those in place, and now iCam is a fantastic app.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for the great feedback! :)

You can already turn the sending of push notifications or recording of motion events on and off through iCam on your iPhone. (With the latest version, 1.3.1)

The latest BETA version of the iCamSource that we are currently testing (2.0) does include scheduling of both the sending of push notifications and the recording of motion events - http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=958.0

A number of users (myself included) use DropBox (http://www.dropbox.com/) to automatically and immediately backup all recorded motion events to the cloud so that they can be recovered from any location, even if the computer is stolen. It's a great free solution, and I highly recommend it. There are a number of posts on the forum about it. (Just search for "dropbox".)

Hopefully those solutions work for you! :)

OUAnthony

• View Profile
I 2nd dropbox...FREE and awesome. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in order for SKJM to store images in the "cloud", it would significantly complicate your business model, as you would have to charge monthly fees for iCam use (server space does cost money...especially as you multiply it over thousands of users) or design some sort of ad system (while giving Apple a cut) to support the server space.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I 2nd dropbox...FREE and awesome. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in order for SKJM to store images in the "cloud", it would significantly complicate your business model, as you would have to charge monthly fees for iCam use (server space does cost money...especially as you multiply it over thousands of users) or design some sort of ad system (while giving Apple a cut) to support the server space.

Yes, you are correct, sir. :)