iCam 2.0 includes the following features and improvements:
- Native interface support for the iPad.
- Connect to up to 12 (iPhone) or 16 (iPad) webcams at a time.
- Displays the iCamSource description in the thumbnail view.
- Support for both landscape orientations.
- Universal binary to run on iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads.
We suggest that all iCam users update their iCamSource(s) to version 2.1 or later. The new version of the iCamSource includes:
- The ability to connect to multiple (up to 16) webcams or IP cameras from a single instance of the iCamSource. (No more making copies of the application or writing batch files if you have more than one camera.)
- The ability to adjust the compression of the video stream to favor better-quality video or a higher frame-rate.
- The ability to reduce the frequency that the motion detection processing is performed or even completely disable it to reduce the overall CPU usage on older hardware.
- The ability to schedule when the recording of motion events and the sending of push notifications are enabled.
- Router auto-configuration that allows most UPnP or NAT-PMP enabled routers to automatically forward the necessary ports when needed.
- Support for the higher-resolution images used by iCam 2.0 on the iPad.